- 1779 - James Cook at the summer one of largest the explorers of
the history, one of the largest navigator of the South Seas it discovered
officially Australia on board his ship Endeavour from where it was failed
on the Large coral Barrier vis-a-vis the town of Cooktown. James Cook
continued to explore and was killed in 1779 by the natives in Hawaii,
it contributed to the art of navigation, the cartography, and developed
the food for the scurvy, it was the first to perceive the richnesses of
- The English captain Arthur Phillip with a fleet of eleven ships to charge
convicts the ships dropped anchor on the south-eastern coast, in Botany
Bay (bay of Sydney) on January 19, 1788.
Australia had become a penitentiary colonization of the United Kingdom.
With ground, the convicts provided a free labour for public works and
agricultural. The approach with the aboriginals were difficult.
- William Bligh was named governor of Sydney, it failed in his mission,
whose Lachlan Macquarie with which one owes the reforms and put order
on this ground the undesirable subjects were off-set in Norfolk Island
* 1820 - A plan of urbanization transformed Sydney.
- Discovered of a nugget with Bathurst in Galle News of the South, gold
revolutionized the history of Australia and beyond, the fever comes from
One discovered money layers, of copper, zinc, more in the south of the
country with Coober Pedy the largest layer of opals of the world, reservoir
de oil in Queensland, bauxite, tin, the uranium and immense coal reserves.
- End of the deportations of English convicts.
- Marked by the mining boom.
- The Victoria queen of England signs the Constitution. A federation of
six States. Its capital will be Canberra (1909).
- The sacrifice of Gallipoli (Turkey), April 25 the ANZAC Day remains
in memory for the Australian ones.
- Japanese aviation bombards Darwin. In 1941, Australia returns in war
against Japan, during the post-war period the government encouraged immigration
by paying the voyage by boat, Australia got a future has meadows of five
million Europeans. In the Sixties, it becomes the richest country of the
world, a mining boom supported the middle class and highest allowed Australian
standard of living of the world.
- Olympic Games of Melbourne.
- Australia engaged with the Americans in the war of Vietnam.
- The racial barriers fell and the door was opened with Asian immigration.
- Referendum, the aboriginals receive Australian nationality
- Australia sees the United Kingdom sunken in the European Community
- Aboriginal Land Rights Act restores part of the grounds to the Aboriginals.
- Rebirth of the indigenous people.
- Olympic Games Sydney 2000. I was there with 5 days of delay causes accident!..